Almond flour cookies
If you are looking for the bestAlmond flour cookiesalways, look no further. Unlike the dry, crumbly almond flour cookies you may have had in the past, this easy, healthy cookie recipe is irresistibly soft, chewy, and peppered with chocolate in every bite.
Pin this recipe to Pinterest to save for later
There are a few things I look for in a great cookie recipe.
- First, the cookie must meet all requirementsapparentlyCookie Requirements: Slightly crunchy on the edges, almost melted in the middle and infused with different levels of flavors like vanilla and chocolate.
And at the same time, the cookie recipe must:
- Preach the less immediate qualities, although they should not be ignored, such as: Made with wholesome ingredients mixed in a single bowl and requires no chilling of dough.
Today's easy almond cookie recipe ticks all the boxes (and more).
5 star rating
"The best low carb cookies I've ever made!!! I will make at least three more batches!”- Also -
Why this is the best almond flour cookie recipe
Trust me, I've had my fair share of boring, dry, crumbly almond flour cookies. These healthy almond flour cookies areNOWas.
Unlike other almond flour cookie recipes you may have tried, this recipe is:
- It has been carefully formulated to producesoft and chewyAlmond flour chocolate biscuits.
- it is naturalGluten free(but it doesn't taste gluten free if you know what I mean - same goes for mineGluten free carrot cake).
- From start to finish it isready in 30 minutes. Perfect when you want cookies and you want themNow.
- Versatile!This recipe can be easily adapted to a variety of diets. I've included tips for making these vegan almond flour cookies in the FAQ section, and readers have also reported making simple changes to create keto almond flour cookies from this recipe too!
Ultimately, this is the only almond flour chocolate chip cookie you'll ever need (or want)!
How to make almond flour cookies
Grab a bowl, grab your bag of almond flour and bake it.
Before long, you'll be eating one (or seven) of the best almond flour cookies you've ever eaten.
- Mandelmehl. What does almond flour do with cookies? It gives them a moist and chewy texture, gives them intense flavor, and adds nutritional benefits (as in theseChocolate cookies with cherry). Almond flour is high in fiber, calcium, vitamin E, and other nutrients, making it a healthy choice. It is naturally gluten free and grain free. You can find it in most supermarkets orhere online.
Mandelmehl vs. Mandelmehl
You may hear almond flour referred to as almond flour; the two are essentially the same and the terms are often used interchangeably.
- The main difference is that almond flour can be bleached (skin removed) or unbleached, while most products labeled almond flour are bleached almond flour.
- Products labeled Almond Flour also tend to be finer ground than those made with Almond Flour, although the difference is subjective. For this recipe you should searchbleachedMandelmehl(also known as almond flour).
monitoring: Due to its high fat content, almond flour (like walnuts) can go rancid at room temperature. To maximize shelf life, store in the refrigerator or freezer.
- coconut sugar. Similar in taste to brown sugar, coconut sugar is less refined and your body absorbs it more slowly, which means fewer spikes in blood sugar. Coconut sugar is the same as coconut sugar and is available at most major supermarketshere online.
If you don't want to buy coconut sugar, you can make these almond flour cookies with light or dark brown sugar.
- Mandelbutter. A healthy way to make cookies rich and filling! I love the double almond punch made with almond flour combined with almond butter.
If you like, you can swap in the same amount of peanut butter or any other peanut butter of your choice. MakeNOSubstitute additional regular butter for the almond butter as the two serve very different purposes in this recipe.
- chocolate chips. I love a good dark chocolate here (and in my favorite chocolate).Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies). Chocolate chips are the easiest, but if you don't mind chopping up a bit, a good quality chopped dark chocolate bar would be to die for.
- Flakes of sea salt. Finalesomethingit really makes those almond flour cookies stand out. I found the biscuits a bit unsalted so if that's your planNOTo coat the crackers in salt, you can add an extra pinch or two to your batter.
important salt PSA:Do not use table salt. What you want is a clean, smooth, flaky sea salt like Maldon or Fleur de Sel.
Table salt contains compounds to make it flow freely; these compounds give it a metallic taste. The smaller grains also make it easier to oversalt your food - not what we want for our perfect, pleasantly plump Almond Flour Cookies!
- Whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Sprinkle the dry ingredients over the mixture. Beat slowly until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten the top of each cookie and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake almond flour cookies at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack, then ENJOY!
Pay attention to the baking time and be careful not to overbake the cookies.
Feel free to change these cookies by adding or switching mix-ins. Here are some of my favorite ideas:
- Peanut butter and almond flour cookies. Substitute peanut butter for almond butter and use peanut butter chips instead of (or in addition to) chocolate chips.
- Crunchy biscuits made from almond flour. Omit the chocolate chips and use 1/4 cup chopped walnuts.
- Almond flour funfetti biscuits. Leave out the chocolate chips. While your cookies are cooling on the baking sheet, sprinkle them with sprinkles.
- Almond flour and cinnamon biscuits. Omit the chocolate chips and add 1 tsp cinnamon. For an almond flour snickerdoodle effect, roll your cookie dough balls in cinnamon sugar before baking.
- Fingerprint cookies made with almond flour. Leave out the chocolate chips. Then, immediately after removing them from the oven, make a small indentation in the center of each cookie and fill with melted chocolate, caramel, or your favorite fruit jam.
- Save on computer. Leftover gluten free cookies can be stored at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- Freeze. Freeze cookies in an airtight, freezer-safe storage container or ziptop bag for up to 3 months. To reheat from frozen, bake in a 350 degree F oven (do not thaw first) for 5 minutes or until heated through.
To freeze unbaked cookies. Divide the dough into balls and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Place the sheet in the freezer until the dough is set, then transfer to an airtight container or ziplock bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
More gluten free treats
Enjoy these healthy almond flour cookies on their own or pair them with one (or more) of these delicious gluten-free treats.
- Cookies, bars and brownies. Try my gluten free favoriteHealthy brownies,Peanut Butter Cookies, orChocolate meringue cookies.
- cakes and pies. BeIt's War Of PolentaeVegan pumpkin pieit would look stunning alongside these cookies on any gluten free dessert table.
- hot drinks. Warm your soul even more with a mugHealthy Hot ChocolateorCrocodile hot chocolate.
Recommended tools for preparing this recipe
- sheet. Perfect for making these chewy almond flour cookies.
- mixer. A must for anyone who loves to bake.
- Cookie spoon. An easy way to create uniform cookies.
The best mixer
With multiple speeds and attachment options, this stand mixer can do it all. Plus, it comes in so many fun colors!
did you make this recipe
Let me know what you thought!
Leave a review below in the comments and let me know if you enjoyed the recipe.
If you try these Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies, let me know what you think in the comments below.
I love hearing your comments; Hope you like it as much as we do!
frequently asked questions
Can I make vegan cookies with almond flour?
Yes, you can make these vegan cookies with almond flour. Swap the butter for 2 tablespoons of a vegan butter substitute (room temperature coconut oil would also work, although I prefer the flavor of butter for cookies). Replace the egg with a flax egg (to make flax egg, mix 1 tablespoon ground flax meal with 3 tablespoons water; let sit 5 minutes to set, then use in recipe as directed). Make sure your chocolate doesn't contain milk.
Can I make sugar-free cookies with almond flour?
Try making these almond flours withNOSugar cookies and almond flour mixed with honey or maple syrup didn't work well. The cookies were dry or the batter was too runny. I find coconut sugar to be the most natural and powerful option. (If you're looking for another way to use coconut sugar, try this oneBanana Cookies with Peanut Butter.)
Personally, I haven't made keto almond flour cookies, but if you have a low-carb sweetener (like monk's sweetness or erythritol) that you've successfully swapped out for brown sugar or coconut sugar in other recipes, feel free to try.
Can I substitute almond flour for wheat flour in cookies?
Mandelmehlit can'tbe replaced by wheat flour or vice versa. The two have completely unique characteristics that affect their baking performance, including their weight, how they rise and attach to other ingredients, their fat and protein content, and more. Almond flour is available at most major supermarketshere online.
An acceptable substitute for almond flour is another ground nut flour, such as hazelnut flour or cashew nut flour.
If you want to bake more with almond flour, don't miss any of my goodies.almond flour recipes.
Can I swap coconut flour for almond flour?
No, coconut flour is not a good substitute for almond flour as it is very dry while almond flour is wet so your cookies will come out VERY dry. Only use coconut flour in recipes specifically designed for it, such asCoconut flour cookies. An acceptable substitute for almond flour is another ground nut flour, such as hazelnut flour or cashew nut flour.
Why are my almond flour cookies falling apart?
Usually, almond flour cookies fall apart due to measurement error; Weigh your flour to make sure you're using the right amount. It's also important to let the cookies cool completely before removing them from the baking sheet.
Why are my almond flour cookies flat?
If your almond flour cookies are falling apart, your oven probably wasn't at the right temperature. If your oven is too hot or too cold, the cookies may fall over during baking. Your baking soda may also be expired. To test if it's active, add a few drops of acid like lemon juice or vinegar. If it hisses, it's still good.
Is there a trick to baking with almond flour?
As with any style of cooking, practice makes perfect. If you are new to baking with almond flour, expect a bit of a learning curve as it behaves differently in baking than regular flour. Resist the temptation to change a recipe the first few times until you are happy with the results.
Almond flour cookies
The BEST Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies! Made in one bowl and with no refrigeration, they're also gluten-free and vegan!
construction time10 Protocol
time to cook20 Protocol
total time30 Protocol
- 2 soup spoon butter without salt at room temperature (to make vegan, use vegan butter or coconut oil)
- 1/2 Taxes coconut sugar or light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 Taxes Mandelbutter
- 1 large No at room temperature (to make it vegan, use a flaxseed egg)
- 1 teaspoon purer Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Natriumbicarbonat
- 1/4 teaspoon sal kosher
- 2 Bags Mandelmehl sieved if lumpy
- 1/2 Taxes semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips dairy free if needed
- Flaky sea salt like Maldon or Fleur de Sel Optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or large bowl, beat butter, coconut sugar, almond butter, egg and vanilla extract on medium-high speed until combined.
Sprinkle the baking soda and salt evenly on top and sprinkle in the almond flour. Beat with mixer on low speed until mixture is well blended. Fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
Using a spoon or cookie scoop, divide the dough into 2 tablespoons and roll into balls (each ball is about 5cm in diameter). Spread out on the baking sheet, leaving a 2 cm gap between each.(Video) I PERFECTED my Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie
Use your fingers to lightly flatten the tops of the cookies. Sprinkle with salt if using.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. The cookies will be dry on top and around the edges but slightly melted and barely baked below the surface when touched. Place the sheet on a cooling rack. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and let cool for as long as you can stand the tension.
- SAVE ON COMPUTER: Leftover cookies can be kept at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- FREEZE: Freeze cookies in an airtight, freezer-safe storage container or zip-lock bag for up to 3 months. To reheat from frozen, bake in a 350 degree F oven (do not thaw first) for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- FOR FREEZING UNBAKED BISCUITS: Divide the dough into balls and arrange on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Place the sheet in the freezer until the dough is set, then transfer to an airtight container or ziplock bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
- TO MAKE VEGAN: See the steps listed above in the FAQ section.
- Adapted fromLove and lemons every day
Portion:1cookie|Calories:226kcal|Carbohydrates:15G|Protein:6G|Gordo:17G|Saturated Fatty Acids:4G|Polyunsaturated fatty acids:1G|Monounsaturated fatty acids:3G|Transfette:0,1G|Cholesterol:21mg|Potassium:88mg|Phases:3G|Zucker:8G|Vitamin A:85user interface|Calcium:65mg|Ferro:1mg
More recipes for almond flour
cakes and muffins